mace-opensaml-users - Re: Adding new statements or queries

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: Adding new statements or queries

  • From: Walter Hoehn <>
  • To: Scott Cantor <>
  • Cc: , "'Oscar Canovas Reverte'" <>
  • Subject: Re: Adding new statements or queries
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 14:08:23 -0500

On Mar 23, 2004, at 1:58 PM, Scott Cantor wrote:
Look at the existing statements, they are just built-in extensions. The only
advantage they have is that the SAML init code registers the class name (one
line of code) and that the schemas are already resolved by my entity
resolver. That's the piece you have to do. One way is just to put the schema
file in your jar, and have your resolver load the file from the jar as a
Java resource.

I think Walter's done some work on the XML catalog stuff from jakarta, but I
haven't looked at integrating that in in place of the stuff I did.

Yeah. I wrote an extension to the commons catalog stuff that will resolve catalog entries relative to the java classpath. I put in a an apache bugzilla report offering code, but never heard back on it. I'll add it to my list of things to follow up on soon.

-Walter