mace-opensaml-users - How to add new JCE provider - modify config.xml?

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

How to add new JCE provider - modify config.xml?

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: How to add new JCE provider - modify config.xml?
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 19:06:16 -0500 (EST)

I was adding new JCE provider to the config.xml file in addition to many
alrady specified in the config.xml located in xmlsec-1.0.5.jar. I got problem
with ANY modification I made to config.xml, even addint comment line. I use
the following shortcut procedure:
1) on win32 open xmlsec-1.0.5.jar with winzip
2) edit config.xml adding just single line:
<!-- This is the only modification to the file -->
3) save modified config.xml file back in zip.

When I run application that uses OpenSAML I got tons of errors during
initialization, essentially:
[junit] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: InputStream cannot be null
[junit] at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(Unknown Source)
[junit] at org.apache.xml.security.Init.init(Init.java:142)
[junit] at org.opensaml.SAMLConfig.<init>(Unknown Source)

What is wrong with my shortcut procedure? What is the proper way to
make changes to config.xml?

Thanks!
Konstantin