mace-opensaml-users - RE: How to add new JCE provider - modify config.xml?

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: How to add new JCE provider - modify config.xml?

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: RE: How to add new JCE provider - modify config.xml?
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 19:17:08 -0500

> I was adding new JCE provider to the config.xml file in
> addition to many alrady specified in the config.xml located
> in xmlsec-1.0.5.jar. I got problem with ANY modification I
> made to config.xml, even addint comment line. I use the
> following shortcut procedure:
> 1) on win32 open xmlsec-1.0.5.jar with winzip
> 2) edit config.xml adding just single line:
> <!-- This is the only modification to the file -->
> 3) save modified config.xml file back in zip.

Sounds like maybe when you saved it back in the zip, it stuck it somewhere
else or something. What you're describing basically will work, but another
way I would suggest is to use the classpath to put your own copy of that
file ahead of the one in the jarfile.

It depends on what you're doing, but with a servlet engine, for example,
usually your local classes take priority, so you can stick a config.xml file
with your changes in classes/org/..../config.xml (using a path exactly as
you find in the jar) and it should load that copy instead, since it loads as
a resource relative to the classloader.