mace-opensaml-users - RE: OpenSAML 0.9 and Apache Axis?

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: OpenSAML 0.9 and Apache Axis?

  • From: "Anderson Jonathan" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: OpenSAML 0.9 and Apache Axis?
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 15:24:50 -0400

Actually, I agree with your design. I myself love enforcing object
immutability. I think the constraints that Axis's BeanSerializerFactory
place on constructor design are ridiculous - and I'm not sure if it's Axis's
fault or JAX-RPC's fault. How hard would it be to specify to a SOAP engine
which constructor to use? <sigh>

A possible solution would be to write custom OpenSAML serializers and
deserializers for Axis. Axis also has their proprietary "message" style
service the just hands off the SOAP body to your method as a DOM,
essentially leaving serialization issues up to the service implementer.
This is a clear option as well, but it's not JAX-RPC compliant. Again -
hate the spec or hate the impl?

But I cannot imagine that I'm the first person to try using OpenSAML with
Axis, am I? How is everybody else doing it?

Thanks Scott. Yell at Dims for me next time you guys are discussing
Axis/OpenSAML interop. :)

-Jon