mace-opensaml-users - Re: Problem while building opensaml

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: Problem while building opensaml

  • From: Derek Atkins <>
  • To: Scott Cantor <>
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: Re: Problem while building opensaml
  • Date: 09 Oct 2003 22:57:56 -0400

The libstdc++-devel package distributed by Red Hat in the 7.2-updates
section is broken in that is contains bad .la files. You should remove
them:

rpm -ql libstdc++-devel | grep .la
rm ...

You can also remove the .la files from your {prefix} dir as suggested.
You will need to either do that or rebuild all the C++ packages due to
libtool's broken way of remembering depenencies recursively.

Good Luck,

-derek

Scott Cantor
<>
writes:

> > The problem is similar to the one predicted in the install.txt document
> > about failure to link to the non-existent libstdc++.la in /usr/lib.
> > However I am encountering this problem during the build process (after
> > running make).
>
> You might try removing any other libtool archives from /opt/shibboleth/lib,
> if that's where you built everything to. Seems like a similar issue, but
> coming from some other dependent library's .la file.
>
> -- Scott

Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board (SIPB)

PGP key available