mace-opensaml-users - RE: OpenSAML 0.9 and Apache Axis?

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: OpenSAML 0.9 and Apache Axis?

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'Anderson Jonathan' <>,
  • Subject: RE: OpenSAML 0.9 and Apache Axis?
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 14:55:37 -0400

> Has anyone attempted to deploy Apache Axis web services that
> accept and return OpenSAML objects? Because OpenSAML objects
> don't fit the standard JavaBean no-arg constructor with
> public getters and setters pattern I'm in deploy.wsdd
> typeMapping hell. Anybody found a solution? Am I missing
> something fundamental?

Sorry, it hasn't come up before, but I obviously am interested in it
working. I'm willing to adjust within reason if it will help.

The reason why I didn't use a propget/set model (independent of the JavaBean
issue, I know little about it) is that when I parse in an object from
serialized form, it's basically read-only. I can get around this by simply
allowing propsets when building, and toss out exceptions if it's a read-only
parsed object.

I'm just worried about Axis or what not thinking that a parsed object is
freely manipulatable. I could only allow that if I threw away the XML
representation (basically a marshal/unmarshal approach) and that means
constant reassembling and reparsing I expressly tried to avoid.