mace-opensaml-users - RE: OpenSAML for Web Services ???

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: OpenSAML for Web Services ???

  • From: nicho mmmmmmm <>
  • To:
  • Subject: RE: OpenSAML for Web Services ???
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 01:12:20 -0700 (PDT)

Well,  this SAML things get me more confused.  I read some of presentation about SAML is a proposed standard that would provide security for Web services,  what they tried to explain is,   for example  :

Using a browser/artifact profilw :

1. user acces a source site, through a browser, with information about the desired target.

2. The source site transfer service responds and redirect the user'browser to the assertion consumer service at the destination site.

3. The user's browser accesses the artifact receiver URL. with SAML artifact representing the user authentication information attached to the URL.  and soo on as described in SAML 1.0 profiles.

My question is can we change the source site and the destination site as a web services, and user directly access the source site without using any browser, JSP and servlet ? with WSDL of the web services provided to the user, and the user just need to create a stub to invoke the source site through SOAP message ?

If cannot why ?

For more information on what are we doing, You can visit www.jssl.org .

Thanks a lot, hopefully I don't get you more confused.

Best Regards Nico

Do you Yahoo!?