mace-opensaml-users - How to create authentication using SAML and Security concerns!

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

How to create authentication using SAML and Security concerns!

  • From: <>
  • To:
  • Subject: How to create authentication using SAML and Security concerns!
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 12:10:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi!
I am trying to learn SAML. I have downloaded OpenSAMl
and SAML from Phaos. I would like to implement
authorization and authentication for a web site using
SAML. How should I proceed? ( I went through the
examples and documents SAML provides... but like to
know how other are doing and defacto standards are.)
And also is there any document that talks about
potential security risks in using SAML. Does using
SAML provides any additional security than what the
browser is implementing. For example SAML Assertions
can be signed using PGP. Does SAML provides any
additional layer of security than what PGP provides?

Thanks,
Harini Upadhyaya