mace-opensaml-users - Latest OpenSAML Java code in CVS doesn't compile for me

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Latest OpenSAML Java code in CVS doesn't compile for me

  • From: "Shannon Kendrick" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Latest OpenSAML Java code in CVS doesn't compile for me
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 10:45:53 -0400

Anyone else getting these errors when you compile the latest OpenSAML code
from CVS?

[javac] Compiling 41 source files to C:\projects\OpenSAML\build
[javac] C:\projects\OpenSAML\src\org\opensaml\SAMLAssertion.java:308:
cannot resolve symbol
[javac] symbol : method setIdAttributeNS
(<nulltype>,java.lang.String,boolean)
[javac] location: interface org.w3c.dom.Element
[javac] assertion.setIdAttributeNS(null, "AssertionID", true);
[javac] ^
[javac] C:\projects\OpenSAML\src\org\opensaml\SAMLRequest.java:294:
cannot resolve symbol
[javac] symbol : method setIdAttributeNS
(<nulltype>,java.lang.String,boolean)
[javac] location: interface org.w3c.dom.Element
[javac] r.setIdAttributeNS(null, "RequestID", true);
[javac] ^
[javac] C:\projects\OpenSAML\src\org\opensaml\SAMLResponse.java:269:
cannot resolve symbol
[javac] symbol : method setIdAttributeNS
(<nulltype>,java.lang.String,boolean)
[javac] location: interface org.w3c.dom.Element
[javac] r.setIdAttributeNS(null, "ResponseID", true);
[javac] ^
[javac] 3 errors

It's not clear to me whether it's my environment or the latest code, but the
last time I pulled the code from CVS (last week?) it compiled fine for me.

Shannon Kendrick