mace-opensaml-users - Update on signatures

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Update on signatures

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Update on signatures
  • Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 04:01:54 -0400

Just a quick update...

I have new code in CVS (both languages) that is implementing a draft 1.1
profile of signatures that appears to be working fairly
well. I've done preliminary testing of signed responses and assertions (and
both) across both languages with success.

There's a compatibility mode that supports some interoperation and use of the
older schemas and signing syntax, but I don't expect
it to be too useful except for interim use in Shibboleth.

There are still issues in flux with SAML 1.1, but I'll be tracking the
changes during last call and should have a stable working
implementation pretty soon.