mace-opensaml-users - RE: subject is omitted in saml response with multiple statements in an assertion

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: subject is omitted in saml response with multiple statements in an assertion

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: , 'saml' <>
  • Subject: RE: subject is omitted in saml response with multiple statements in an assertion
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 14:37:57 -0500

> Yep, cloning works.
>
> And yes, initially i was using the same subject
> instance.

Ok, generically speaking, this will happen any time the same object is passed
in to two different objects when building a message.

Right now, it's not clear what the right semantic is, but one likely
possibility is for me to try and detect that case and clone it
internally to make sure it does the right thing.

I do a lot of assuming about the DOM to minimize copying and parsing that has
implications for callers that I need to document.