mace-opensaml-users - RE: bug in constructing objects using InputStream

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: bug in constructing objects using InputStream

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'Nick Laqua' <>,
  • Subject: RE: bug in constructing objects using InputStream
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 11:35:31 -0500

> Yes, that's correct, the derived object isn't constructed yet
> at that level ;-(((...also applies to other classes like
> SAMLAssertion (Collection statements).

Sure. Like I said, I assumed it "did the right thing" by virtue of even
allowing such a call to happen but it obviously doesn't.

> the solution might be even more complex, as the super
> constructor always has to be always the first call within the
> original constructor, so it might be impossible to initialize
> before that as the damage is done within the super
> constructor (but I am not totally sure)

I don't think it's a huge problem to fix. The C++ code is already structured
that way by necessity because you *can't* expect any
other behavior by definition. I'll just have to propagate the change.

Thanks for the heads up.