mace-opensaml-users - bug in constructing objects using InputStream

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

bug in constructing objects using InputStream

  • From: "Nick Laqua" <>
  • To: <>, "Scott Cantor" <>
  • Subject: bug in constructing objects using InputStream
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 10:14:46 +0100

Hi Scott,

I realized a bug which is obviously caused by a design mistake within java.
When constructing a SAMLRequest from an element, the fromDOM method is called
from the constructor of SAMLRequest. Thereby private members are initialized
correctly.

When constructing a SAMLRequest using an InputStream, the super class
SAMLObject calls the "virtual" polymorphic method fromDOM without the private
members being initialized (e.g. respondWiths).

Workaround right now is parsing explicitly and using the element constructor.
I guess this kind of problem applies to other classes too.

Cheers

Nick