mace-opensaml-users - RE: Signature validation fails after parsing SAML Response

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Signature validation fails after parsing SAML Response

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'Shannon Kendrick' <>,
  • Subject: RE: Signature validation fails after parsing SAML Response
  • Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 13:45:48 -0500

Shannon,

The bug (as usual) was a namespace problem. I forgot to include xsd and xsi
on the inclusive prefixes list, and attribute statements
declare those, in case they're used in specifying type information.

I checked in a new Init.java with the two added, and it works now.

I'll probably add a hook into the XMLSigntaure class from SignedObject as
well, via a cast, so that people can debug things like
this directly using the methods available in the security library.

There's a second bug that I have to find involving verifying an object after
signing, without an intermediate streaming step in
between. It appears to not be able to recover a signing key from the KeyInfo
when it's created during signing, unless a parse takes
place to build the KeyInfo structures inside his code. I think I can work
around that as well.

Thanks for the heads up,