mace-opensaml-users - Re: Can OpenSAML be used with JAXP compliant XML parsers?

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: Can OpenSAML be used with JAXP compliant XML parsers?

  • From: "Shannon Kendrick" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Re: Can OpenSAML be used with JAXP compliant XML parsers?
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 16:57:21 -0500

> However, I can't think of why Shannon would be restricted to using
whatever
> XML parser the app server used.

I'm using IBM WebSphere 3.5 which uses XML4J (ancestor to Xerces-1 I
believe). I ran into a similar problem when I deployed a Jakarta Struts
application, at which point I installed one of the XML release packs from
Sun. I finally got the OpenSAML stuff to work after I copied the four
Xerces/Xalan related jar files from OpenSAML to the "jre/lib/ext" directory
of the JDK.

I've generally used SAX parsing and/or XML data binding frameworks (e.g.
Exolab Castor and Enhydra Zeus) rather than DOM when working with XML, so I
wasn't aware of JAXP not fully supporting the features OpenSAML needs from a
DOM parser.

Shannon Kendrick