mace-opensaml-users - RE: Can OpenSAML be used with JAXP compliant XML parsers?

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Can OpenSAML be used with JAXP compliant XML parsers?

  • From: Mark Wilcox <>
  • To: Scott Cantor <>, 'Shannon Kendrick' <>,
  • Subject: RE: Can OpenSAML be used with JAXP compliant XML parsers?
  • Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 15:53:48 -0500

Scott -- there really isn't any compile time options in Java do what you
want -- i.e. there's no preprocessor. What you probably do is abstract out
the functionality and use a factory to get the implementation and then could
test if the method existed before calling it (Java's runtime class
manipulation can be a wonderful thing when used correctly :).

However, I can't think of why Shannon would be restricted to using whatever
XML parser the app server used.

Mark