mace-opensaml-users - RE: Any Authentication Authority available for testing?

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Any Authentication Authority available for testing?

  • From: "Jad S. Boutros" <>
  • To: Scott Cantor <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: Any Authentication Authority available for testing?
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 15:18:39 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 18 Jan 2003, Scott Cantor wrote:

> The code doesn't support the artifact profile at all at the moment, so
> there are numerous missing pieces that you would need to make use of it.
> The SOAP binding is the same for attribute queries as for artifact
> queries, but the internals aren't there.

Thank you Scott for this info. I thought of subclassing SAMLQuery to
provide the AssertionArtifact component of the request. If I understand
correctly, we can populate the RespondWith QName to ask for an
authentication statement back from the server and that one, the OpenSAML
code already validates properly. Is there more to it for the SOAP case?

> I'm not aware of any public testing-oriented SAML endpoints, apart from
> the "not really public" Shib test and sample servers we use, none of
> which support artifacts.

Are these test/sample servers available for SAML developers? If so, it
will be helpful if I can connect to them for other query types.

Thanks much,
jad