mace-opensaml-users - RE: Any Authentication Authority available for testing?

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Any Authentication Authority available for testing?

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: "'Jad S. Boutros'" <>,
  • Subject: RE: Any Authentication Authority available for testing?
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 14:51:15 -0500

> The OpenSAML library does not yet generate requests of type
> 'AssertionArtifact' from what I can see so I was wondering
> what would be a good way to test this scenario during
> development. Are there any SAML authentication authority
> servers on the net we can connect to? If so, can we feed them
> test data (otherwise, the artifact will not make any sense to them)?

The code doesn't support the artifact profile at all at the moment, so there
are numerous missing pieces that you would need to make
use of it. The SOAP binding is the same for attribute queries as for artifact
queries, but the internals aren't there.

I'm not aware of any public testing-oriented SAML endpoints, apart from the
"not really public" Shib test and sample servers we use,
none of which support artifacts.