mace-opensaml-users - RE: Hi All

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Hi All

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'Tariq Sultan' <>,
  • Subject: RE: Hi All
  • Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 15:33:38 -0400

>Will somebody be kind enough to guide me to
>some place where i can obtain the SAML message set.

You want the OASIS SSTC site, the group responsible for SAML:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security/

>I am also looking for some example applications of XML in java, can
anybody
>tell me about that?

If you mean generic examples, I was pretty much in the same boat when I
started this. I didn't actually find too much that was helpful in a
direct way, but I looked at the Xerces-J DOM samples, and read all the
FAQs and programming guides there.

Eventually, I had read most of the W3C specs (parts anyway) and looked
at a lot of the samples in the xml-security package as well, once
signing became important to me.

Obviously, you might find the OpenSAML source itself to be helpful, but
that's hardly any sort of canonical example of XML in Java. It's just
what I ended up with, as a novice Java programmer.