k20innovators - Fwd: NEON Successfully Passes Final Design Review]

Subject: Remote Instrumentation & Data Visualizations Working Group

Fwd: NEON Successfully Passes Final Design Review]

  • From: "Kim Owen" <>
  • To: <>, <>
  • Subject: Fwd: NEON Successfully Passes Final Design Review]
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 10:41:10 -0600

Hi everyone - I'm forwarding the news release regarding NEON's recent
successful completion of the final design review process. Feel free to visit
the web site (http://www.neoninc.org/) to learn more about where the 20
domains are located across the U.S. and how close you'll be to one of the
research centers. From what I understand from our domain coordinator here,
education outreach is a high priority for this project.

NEON's headquarters is located in D.C. so I'm hopeful we can get someone to
at least visit with us briefly at the K20 meeting in April. I've also
encouraged them to let me submit a proposal for a concurrent session. When I
asked them about doing this earlier they were still too busy (and working
with limited staff) to put time toward this - I'm hoping now they'll want to
share these latest updates with the larger community.

And - please respond if you have thoughts/concerns on holding off on this
content until it's closer to actually be ready for implementation. I know
we've had conversations about some of these "future" projects before -so if
you feel it would be best to hold off for awhile, we can do that too.

Thanks all!

KO

Kim Owen, Advanced Applications Coordinator
North Dakota State University
Information Technology Services
1320 Albrecht Blvd
Fargo, ND 58105 - 5659