k20innovators - Federal Interpretation of CIPA for Collaborative Technologies and Digital Media

Subject: Remote Instrumentation & Data Visualizations Working Group

Federal Interpretation of CIPA for Collaborative Technologies and Digital Media

  • From: Tim Poe <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Randy Stout <>, James Werle <>, Louis Fox <>, Gerri Maglia <>, Melissa Thibault <>
  • Subject: Federal Interpretation of CIPA for Collaborative Technologies and Digital Media
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 11:38:50 -0500

All,

It is becoming increasingly clear in North Carolina that we are lacking guidance on clearly interpreting CIPA, as it applies to collaborative technologies and digital media. Is anyone aware of any documents providing guidance to CIPA on a national level that can be practically applied? If not, this may be an interesting opportunity for the group to pursue at a national level. I'd be interested in hearing if folks in other states are feeling that CIPA vagaries are introducing obstacles to technology deployments.

All the best,

Tim

Tim Poe
Senior Collaborative Technologist
MCNC - Connecting North Carolina's future today
3021 Cornwallis Road
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
Phone: 919-248-8417
Mobile: 919-428-1216
Fax: 919-248-8419
Email:
AIM: timrpoe
Twitter: tpoe

Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.

- President-elect Obama