k20innovators - Re: Meeting today and call

Subject: Remote Instrumentation & Data Visualizations Working Group

Re: Meeting today and call

  • From: James Werle <>
  • To: Tim Poe <>
  • Cc: "Gross, Daniel" <>,
  • Subject: Re: Meeting today and call
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 16:07:52 -0800

Very encouraging note Tim. Thanks for taking that opportunity to support Muse! Fingers crossed on the funding. I fully concur with the discussion below. one thing we've certainly learned in the process of developing Muse to this point is that its essential to create a clear picture of the needs we're trying to meet and then articulating a solid set of functionality specifications before launching into the development phase. this is the ideal time to woodshed this idea while we're "between programmers"!

Tim Poe wrote:
Daniel,
Thanks for your thoughts on this. I completely agree about the need to make Muse a financially secure environment. To that end, I did have a good dinner conversation with Doug Van Houweling at Educause about the need for sustainable funding for Muse, and why I think this is vital to serving the SEGPs (now providing $2,000,000 in I2 revenue). I REALLY hope that we can see the proposed doubling of Muse funding in the coming weeks.
Let's talk more next week.
All the best,
Tim