Subject: Remote Instrumentation & Data Visualizations Working Group
- From: James Werle <>
- To: , George Brett <>
- Subject: virtual worlds hosted on I2?
- Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 16:16:03 -0700
I'm going to be asked this question tomorrow afternoon during a VC with a K-12 entity in Texas.
5. "Virtual Worlds" such as Second Life are being utilized more and
more. Are there any specific "virtual world" applications accessible
via Internet 2? (not sure what I am trying to ask here) Or how can
Internet2 support virtual world applications?
Can we safely say there are no virtual worlds hosted at this time though all commodity hosted services are available via I2? Anything in active development or still in the pondering phase? What's the current state of telepresence?
- virtual worlds hosted on I2?, James Werle, 10/07/2008
- RE: virtual worlds hosted on I2?, Gross, Daniel, 10/07/2008
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.