k20innovators - RE: 7/29 K20 Fall MM planning meeting

Subject: Remote Instrumentation & Data Visualizations Working Group

RE: 7/29 K20 Fall MM planning meeting

  • From: "Gross, Daniel" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: 7/29 K20 Fall MM planning meeting
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 09:00:39 -0500

Wow. I guess I should go to camp more often and not show up! This looks great so far!

My biggest gripe/concern will be that all presenters know this time that they need to turn in slides or materials, or a version thereof suitable for publishing, to James or me at the start of the meeting. That is a pretty minor thing BUT it would be great if we could have it out there as we invite these folks and they plan their presos.

BTW: I would be happy to talk about Cool New Apps – do they have to be I2 specific?

I had hoped to have my new handler, Andrea’s replacement, John Pederson, talk about Web2.0 “stuff” and how social networking is being used but (and this doesn’t leave this group, please!) he is coming up much less than interested in Internet2 and conferences, etc. We’re not talking as much as I had hoped. John brings some great skills to the table, but unfortunately his interests seem to be pretty concentrated within those skills at this point. As for me, I’m rather an “outsider” when it comes to this stuff. Dave Lois makes these decisions, and since I don’t actually work for WiscNet, there isn’t a whole lot I can do or say other than ride along…

But I’m sure we’ll get there again at some point…