ivclibrarians - Megaconference 2012 - Register Today!

Subject: K-20 librarians interactive video conferencing

Megaconference 2012 - Register Today!

  • From: Ben Fineman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Megaconference 2012 - Register Today!
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 16:39:43 -0500

Register today for Megaconference 2012! I would love to see your libraries and communities involved in this event as participants or presenters.

Over the years, the Megaconference has provided our community with a venue to test the limits of video collaboration technology while making personal connections around the world. Internet2 is very pleased to host the Megaconference again on December 4th-5th. Anyone and everyone are invited to connect using H.323 or SIP videoconferencing to participate in presentations from researchers, educators, engineers, students, and vendors, in what we hope to be the biggest Megaconference ever. The theme this year will continue where the last Megaconference left off: "Breaking Down the Barriers: Global Connections".

Megaconference will be held all over the world on December 4th, 2012 from 12:00 GMT - December 5th, 12:00 GMT (that's 7am EST - 7am EST).

PARTICIPANTS REGISTER HERE
Anyone and everyone with H.323 or SIP videoconferencing can participate! Invite your friends! Register to participate here.

PRESENTERS REGISTER HERE
We are soliciting presentations on any topics from any presenters! Presentations can be technical or non-technical, and live demonstrations are encouraged! The suggested presentation length is 15 minutes, so take a few minutes to show the world your famous campus barbershop quartet, tell us about the challenges your campus overcame with your video deployment, or take us on a virtual tour of your classroom. Imagination encouraged. Register to present here.

FREE H.323 CLIENT FROM SPRANTO
This year we're pleased to announce a new way for anyone to join Megaconference 2012 provided by our Platinum sponsor - Spranto! Sprano offers a free high definition H.323 software client that anyone can use to participate in standards based calls like the Megaconference. Download it for free here, and get ready for the biggest standards-based videoconference of the year!

GRAND PRIZE GIVEAWAY
We're also pleased to announce that Spranto will be providing the Grand Prize for our Megaconference giveaway: a complete classroom video collaboration kit, including high definition PTZ camera, echo canceling mic array, projector, and a PC preconfigured with the Spranto software. Any participating institutional sites will be eligible for this prize!

Please forward this invitation far and wide - we're looking forward to seeing you on December 4th!

Regards,
Ben

Benjamin J. Fineman
Program Manager, Video Services
Internet2

(email/video/chat)
http://www.internet2.edu

734.352.4975 (desk)
734.417.0811 (mobile)

  • Megaconference 2012 - Register Today!, Ben Fineman, 11/15/2012