ivclibrarians - Nov 20 agenda

Subject: K-20 librarians interactive video conferencing

Nov 20 agenda

  • From: James Werle <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Nov 20 agenda
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 12:16:27 -0800

All,

Just a quick reminder we're convening next Tuesday for our monthly IVC
librarians meeting. Details are below. Hope to see you there!

Best,
James

MEETING DETAILS

Date: Tuesday, November 20
Start time: 8am Hawaii/9am Alaska/11am Pacific/Noon Mountain/1pm
Central/2pm Eastern
Duration: 1 hour

RSVP: http://bit.ly/yMEP4f

AGENDA

+ Senior Learning Network - Ellen Ervin from Connected for Learning
will describe her vision for this program and how libraries could
potentially get involved as content providers. for more info on
Senior Learning Network please visit the following -
http://www.connected4learning.com/senior-learning-network.

+ Group project - develop a national series of shared author talks,
virtual book clubs using interactive videoconferencing.

+ {Your topic here}

LIVE WEBSTREAM

All of the K20 Librarians meetings are streamed live at
http://video.magpi.net/.
Click on "Live Videos" to view the live stream.

Please note: If you are behind a firewall and having problems viewing the
webstream you may need to open port 1935 TCP for video.magpi.net to work
properly. If you continue to have problems with the webstream, please contact
your firewall administrator.

PHONE BRIDGE INFO:

+1-734-615-7474 (preferred) or +1-866-411-0013 (use only if free Long
Distance service is not available) PIN 0176476#

DAY OF EVENT VIDEOCONFERENCE DIALING INSTRUCTIONS:

IP Dialing - Dial

GDS Dialing Directions -
1. Register with a GDS-enabled Gatekeeper.
To borrow space see: http://commons.internet2.edu/reggate.html
2. Dial 001189780 9023 (no spaces)

VIDEO TESTING INSTRUCTIONS:

You can dial either of the following numbers to test your units ahead of time:
GDS: 0011897801234 (If you are not registered, please see above for
more information)
IP:

For more information about our Always Available testing facilities, please
visit:
https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/I2commons/H.323+Testing+Instructions.

NEED HELP?:

For Technical Support please contact Ben Fineman at 1-734-352-4975 or Nick
Thompson at 1-614-247-8066. Then if needed, call the Internet2 Commons
Support Desk at +1-800-627-6420 and be sure to reference the following ticket
number; INC0042398.

  • Nov 20 agenda, James Werle, 11/15/2012