ivclibrarians - Fwd: Smiling Faces

Subject: K-20 librarians interactive video conferencing

Fwd: Smiling Faces

  • From: James Werle <>
  • To: ,
  • Cc: Tim Devlin <>
  • Subject: Fwd: Smiling Faces
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 06:44:57 -0800

All,

Tim Devlin from Allegany Intermediate Unit in PA is looking for a high
school class to participate in a new program designed to connect
autistic and general education students via videoconferencing. An
informational session is scheduled for next Friday 11/16 at 1pm
Eastern. Additional details are below. Please feel free to share
this opportunity with interested colleagues in your communities.

many thanks!
James

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 5:10 AM, Devlin, Timothy
> James,

> I “need” to ask a favor for next Friday at 1 PM Eastern…
>
> We are having a ½ hour program for students with special needs and I would
> like to see if you have a single high school that you could recommend.
>
> 1:00 pm - 1:30 pm - Friendly Faces Program Video Conference - Session 1
> Introduction to Friendly Faces
>

> What is the Friendly Faces program? High school and middle school Autistic
> Support and Life Skills students in grades 6-12 and General Education
> students 9-12 who visit with each other weekly in our building to discuss
> current events, learn French and Japanese, study academics, talk sports, do
> tutoring, and just get to know each other.
>

> There is no charge to participate. Our goal is to connect schools that
> have an interest in this as well.
>

> We would also like to perhaps have a virtual book club with another school's
> Autistic Support classroom or General Education classroom as well and meet
> once a month to discuss a book of choice.
>

> Please join us via Video Conference at 216.27.100.165 for this first
> informational session.
>
> For additional details, please contact:
>
> Marcia Mineo
>
> Autistic Support Teacher
>
> Woodland Hills High School ~ Our Kids Are Worth It!

  • Fwd: Smiling Faces, James Werle, 11/09/2012