isn-discuss - Re: [isn-discuss] Dialed number routing

Subject: Discussion List for Freenum/ITAD Subscriber Number (ISN) Project

Re: [isn-discuss] Dialed number routing

  • From: Jason White <>
  • To: , "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [isn-discuss] Dialed number routing
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 14:36:21 +1100

Ross Lindsay
> They are not in the same domain though. One is on a totally different
> network. More specifically, one is at my VOIP provider and another is
> located at my house.

You need to have administrative access to both servers to do what you want.
Each server can transfer incoming calls to the other and you can prioritize
the servers as you wish using SRV records; but to set this up, you have to be
able to modify the configurations of all of the servers, and as has been
pointed out, it becomes an Asterisk configuration question that would be best
discussed on an Asterisk mailing list.

You have the option of establishing an Asterisk instance on a virtual private
server, for example, if that would meet your needs better.