isn-discuss - Re: [isn-discuss] Dialed number routing

Subject: Discussion List for Freenum/ITAD Subscriber Number (ISN) Project

Re: [isn-discuss] Dialed number routing

  • From: Tony Graziano <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [isn-discuss] Dialed number routing
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 21:49:28 -0500

Its a matter of domain mapping.

If your servers run in a HA pair, cluster, etc., yes.

If I send you a sip call how does it get delivered? Isn is a way to dial
user@domain
from a keypad. It doesn't try to solve the "which server does
the call go to" riddle. That is "internal plumbing".

With sip,
user@domain
means "wherever" my srv records are puished is where
the call is sent. If I can send all calls to 2 servers with the same
priority that means "some" calls will hit the #2 server first. Wherever my
subscriber is, is where the call should go since it would be up to my
servers to determine where the user is registered.

This question is better answered in the forum of your sip server, because
not all sip servers are equal.

I don't think this is an ISN question, its a question about your deployment
and your particular sip product.
Tony Graziano, Manager
Telephone: 434.984.8430
Fax: 434.984.8431