isn-discuss - Re: [isn-discuss] New ISN patch for OpenSIPS

Subject: Discussion List for Freenum/ITAD Subscriber Number (ISN) Project

Re: [isn-discuss] New ISN patch for OpenSIPS

  • From: Michael Schloh von Bennewitz <>
  • To: ISN discuss list <>
  • Subject: Re: [isn-discuss] New ISN patch for OpenSIPS
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 00:05:08 +0100

Hello John,

On Tues., Jan 20, 2010, John TODD wrote:
> On Jan 20, 2010, at 12:16 PM, Michael Schloh von Bennewitz wrote:
>> As announced on the OpenSIPS [1] development mailing list [2],
>> there's a new patch to OpenSIPS to support ISN lookups natively.
>>
> Thank you for the patch! What would you suggest needs to be done to
> promote the addition of this patch to the SER and OpenSER communities?
> I will admit I have lost track of the process for getting patches into
> those trees.

No idea. I don't have any special connections with the folks at
OpenSIPS and even less at SER or Kamailio. The OpenSIPS ones have
a lot of work at the time, so it might just be that ISN integration
will be postponed. Maybe I'm wrong and they're looking at it right
now.

A suggestion would be to ask on the OpenSIPS users list [1] 'when
will the ISN lookups really function according to the docs?' and
mention the patch to their developer list.

What I mean by that is: the OpenSIPS docs imply that lookups to the
freenum.org zone have worked with the ENUM module from the start.
The docs are wrong.

Regards,
Michael

--