isn-discuss - Re: [isn-discuss] New ISN patch for OpenSIPS

Subject: Discussion List for Freenum/ITAD Subscriber Number (ISN) Project

Re: [isn-discuss] New ISN patch for OpenSIPS

  • From: John Todd <>
  • To:
  • Cc: , Michael Schloh von Bennewitz <>
  • Subject: Re: [isn-discuss] New ISN patch for OpenSIPS
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 14:54:16 -0500

On Jan 20, 2010, at 12:16 PM, Michael Schloh von Bennewitz wrote:

Hello list,

As announced on the OpenSIPS [1] development mailing list [2],
there's a new patch to OpenSIPS to support ISN lookups natively.
According to the ISN cookbook [3] 'Unfortunately, SER's ENUM module
imposes some restrictions that prevent it from being used for ISN
resolution'. The suggested solution is an external perl script.

While this works, the ISN patch [4] to the OpenSIPS ENUM module
solves the problem neatly within the ENUM module itself. Choose
whichever solution you like best. Instructions for use are in
the patch's accompanying information document [5].

Whether this code makes it into the OpenSIPS code tree and will
be distributed in an upcoming release is yet to be known. We assume
that it is pending a code review of some sort.

For those using older versions of SER or OpenSER, it is probably
trivial to integrate this patch code into those code trees.

[1] http://www.opensips.org/
[2] http://lists.opensips.org/pipermail/devel/2010-January/005232.html
[3] http://www.freenum.org/cookbook/
[4]
http://scm.europalab.com/contrib/raw-file/7ae8da2fe7c8/opensips/enum-isn.diff
[5] http://scm.europalab.com/contrib/file/tip/opensips/enum-isn.txt

Regards,
Michael

-- Michael Schloh von Bennewitz
http://michael.schloh.com/

Michael -
Thank you for the patch! What would you suggest needs to be done to promote the addition of this patch to the SER and OpenSER communities? I will admit I have lost track of the process for getting patches into those trees.

JT