isn-discuss - Re: [isn-discuss] Testing ISNs with FreePBX

Subject: Discussion List for Freenum/ITAD Subscriber Number (ISN) Project

Re: [isn-discuss] Testing ISNs with FreePBX

  • From: Rick van Rein <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [isn-discuss] Testing ISNs with FreePBX
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 22:10:53 +0000

Hi John,

> Freenum/ISN is being used quite a bit, actually. Quite vigorously,

Good to hear. Thanks for carrying this project. Seriously good stuff.
Especially because it is IETF-based and because the format is an
excellent pre-dial option before normal number handling.

> This is a public data set, so I don't feel
> there is any problem printing this list out that I scraped from the
> database. This will be web-accessible someday...

It is now... thanks to mail archives ;-)

You did not mention how you scraped it, but this list is quite
useful, thanks a lot! I assume you screped it from the "Test ISN"
fields of participants, so we simply had to ask you?

> a look all the way at the bottom of this message for an example of
> what lives in the DNS right now for ITAD 256.

Yes. It returns server error on SIP, blocks on IAX2. To me at least.

> 1234*947

That's lift-off :-) and many others show me that I have to work on the
RTP-side of those SIP calls. But at least the FreePBX part is proper!

Thanks John,
-Rick