isn-discuss - Re: [isn-discuss] Testing ISNs with FreePBX

Subject: Discussion List for Freenum/ITAD Subscriber Number (ISN) Project

Re: [isn-discuss] Testing ISNs with FreePBX

  • From: John Todd <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [isn-discuss] Testing ISNs with FreePBX
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 17:50:16 -0400

On Oct 27, 2009, at 5:20 PM, Peter Grace wrote:

wrote:
Hello all,

I'm trying to embed outgoing ITAD dialing into FreePBX. Inbound will follow sometime later. As far as I can tell, outbound is working, but I have no numbers to dial! All I've got is 1234*256 and that one is reporting a server error for both SIP and IAX2 technologies. (Softphone dialing to yields the same.) Or am I wrong here?

If 1234*256 is indeed down, does any of you run a service that I can use for my outbound tests without bothering a person? I like the ISN/ITAD scheme very much, but wonder if it actually being used at all?

You can dial 0*739 to get my recording and an echo test. Bandwidth is
probably not that great today, but you should at least get some jittery
audio :)

Pete

Hi all -

Freenum/ISN is being used quite a bit, actually. Quite vigorously, though I don't have stats due to the nature of the lookups in the DNS across dozens of authoritative anycast systems around the world (the PCH anycast network.)

As part of the freenum.org data collection system, there is a field for "test numbers" for each ITAD. Most people don't fill these in, but quite a few have. This is a public data set, so I don't feel there is any problem printing this list out that I scraped from the database. This will be web-accessible someday...

Eventually, I also expect test numbers will be part of the freenum.org DNS table if the administrator of the ITAD so wishes, but right now they're not part of the data set that is published via the DNS. Take a look all the way at the bottom of this message for an example of what lives in the DNS right now for ITAD 256.

Current list of Freenum/ISN test numbers (note: many may not work - they're "tests")

02*950
120*800
0000000*930
0043*1076
100*906
100*963
1000*743
101*704
1014*3100
103*522
1050*1031
11111*1074
1151*853
123*680
1234*1061
1234*256
1234*422
1234*727
1234*790
1234*917
1234*947
15058228592*969
200*711
20003*645
2199*686
2500*531
300*660
3246*937
3701*562
500*926
5200*841
555*1049
555*1107
555*460
5707145005*620 - Main Auto Attendant
600*302
600*654
6000*835 - give up all hope
6100*973 - speaking clock
613*951
666*1028
666*985
6665*1071 - screaming monkeys - 3246*1071 - echo test
667*931
67202*1173
7000*767
8000*939
802@1101
810011*312
8378*696
8378*697
8378*741
8378*771
8378*914 - Echo Test
8378@1085
84*288
8463*1015 - Time Announcement (Pacific Time)
852*666 - Music
862*862 - echo test
8@876
- music on hold / ongoing conference, if any
923366*929
99*1114
999*601
999*739

$ORIGIN 256.info.freenum.org.
o IN TXT "Hyjynx Technology Systems, Inc."
street IN TXT "14625 Baltimore Avenue, PMB 170"
localityName IN TXT "Laurel"
stateOrProvince IN TXT "MD"
postalCode IN TXT "20707"
c IN TXT "US"
friendlyCountryName IN TXT "United States"
tz IN TXT "UTC-0800"
friendlyTimezone IN TXT "US/Pacific"
lang IN TXT "en"
friendlyLanguage IN TXT "English"
email IN TXT
""
directory IN TXT "http://www.blah.com/dir";

$ORIGIN freenum.org.
; Wildcard DNS Entries
*.256 IN NAPTR 100 10 "u" "E2U+sip" "!^\\+*([^\\*]*)! sip:\\!" .
*.256 IN NAPTR 100 10 "u" "E2U+iax2" "!^\\+*([^\\*]*)! iax2:@204.91.156.10/\\1!" .
*.256 IN NAPTR 100 10 "u" "E2U+web:http:" "!^.*$!http://www.loligo.com/ !" .