isn-discuss - Re: [isn-discuss] eligibility and participation

Subject: Discussion List for Freenum/ITAD Subscriber Number (ISN) Project

Re: [isn-discuss] eligibility and participation

  • From: R F <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [isn-discuss] eligibility and participation
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 21:50:52 -0600

Hey Dale,
Sorry I'm sure you mean well but quite frankly I can't really help you. If you have a static ip and a domain there should be no problems with ISN. If not you might want to consult with those that have dynamic or forwarded domains. I know telephony is difficult but quite frankly it is beyond the scope of the job I'm currently hired for. Maybe Dave will help you if you can wait till the 24th. There are no problems with your service. Other than that please google.

Rich
Nedernet/Planetmind

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 9:20 PM, Jason White <> wrote:
<> wrote:

> As far as I know, "organization" includes just about anything that can
> be pointed to from the outside.  Looking at the ITAD registrations

[snip]

Some of those do indeed appear to be people with domains.

I've submitted an application to IANA.

> Yes, dynamic DNS is the popular way to deal with IP service without a
> static address.

I've just set up dynamic updates in my Bind 9 configuration, using nsupdate
run from a shell script to maintain my A record at the same time as keeping
the IPv6 tunnel up to date.