isn-discuss - Re: [isn-discuss] NXDOMAIN on default mapping on freenum.org

Subject: Discussion List for Freenum/ITAD Subscriber Number (ISN) Project

Re: [isn-discuss] NXDOMAIN on default mapping on freenum.org

  • From: John Todd <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [isn-discuss] NXDOMAIN on default mapping on freenum.org
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 11:25:37 -0800

I just created default ISN mapping following cookbook instructions (adding NAPTR record to freenum.org). Record looks fine when checking
http://www.freenum.org/app/subs/generateDNSFor/765
<snip>
$ORIGIN freenum.org.
; Wildcard DNS Entries
*.765 IN NAPTR 100 10 "u" "E2U+sip" "!^\\+*([^\\*]*)!sip:\\!" .
<snip>

When trying to validate mapping (hrs later) using
"dig @anyns.pch.net NAPTR 1.765.freenum.org"
I get an non-existant domain reply.

I'd appreciate any insights.
Thanks.

TTOS
--

Hello -
This was a bug in some database mappings. It's been solved, and you should see this in the anyns.pch.net servers within half an hour or so. Sorry for the fault!

The root of the problem was that we had listed your ITAD as "updated", which means that the ITAD had been changed by an admin since it was first saved - probably when I or someone else edited a few moments after initial storage of the information in the database. We were missing part of one of our Boolean matches which excluded "updated" information from being correctly transferred to the DNS zonefile.

JT