isn-discuss - RE: [isn-discuss] PSTN test number

Subject: Discussion List for Freenum/ITAD Subscriber Number (ISN) Project

RE: [isn-discuss] PSTN test number

  • From: John Todd <>
  • To:
  • Subject: RE: [isn-discuss] PSTN test number
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 15:09:13 -0700

At 5:52 PM -0400 6/26/06, Robinson, Eliot S. wrote:

thanks very much for letting me try isn.

eliot
[snip]

Eliot -
Was there ever any progress or feedback from the people at PingTel about adding a dialplan rule for ISN dialing out of your system using the public SIP ISN redirector? I threw a couple of examples out (included below) but I don't have a testbed on which to try them.

JT

I got some hints from Dennis at MIT, and he forwarded enough of his dialplan for me to make some suggestions. Since there seems to be some interest in using "method #2" (the remote 302 redirect proxy) then here are some possible XML recipes to try for matching on ISN dialing sequences. There were some problems in <3.0 releases that MIT was trying to manage with the '*' string not being correctly parsed, but perhaps that's been solved...?

I can't say if either of these two examples works, since I re-wrote them "on the fly" and I don't have a Pingtel/SIPFoundry system to test with...

<userMatch>
<!-- ISN Dialing with leading trunk code of 012 -->
<userPattern>012x.T</userPattern>
<permissionMatch>
<transform>

<url>sip:{vdigits}@public.tello.com</url>
</transform>
</permissionMatch>
</userMatch>

Or maybe this will work, for non-trunk style, using ISN formatted strings as a match sequence? (note: "digits" versus "vdigits" used)

<userMatch>
<!-- ISN Dialing matching on number*number -->
<userPattern>x.\*x.T</userPattern>
<permissionMatch>
<transform>

<url>sip:{digits}@public.tello.com</url>