i2-news - [I2-NEWS] Internet2 Community News

Subject: News for and about the Internet2 community

[I2-NEWS] Internet2 Community News

  • From: Todd Sedmak <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [I2-NEWS] Internet2 Community News
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 00:16:25 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Indiana University and Internet2 Presidents Lead U.S. Delegation to Establish Partnership with India’s Government, Education and Technology Leaders

Indiana University President and Internet2 Board Chair Michael A. McRobbie and Internet2 President and CEO H. David Lambert will lead a delegation of U.S. college presidents, chief information officers and researchers to New Delhi, India on March 20-21 to establish a major partnership with the National Knowledge Network (NKN), the leading National Research and Education Network in India.

http://bit.ly/1l8wsN5

http://bit.ly/1otkVGY

Internet2 Global Summit 2014: Ushering in a new era

“The Internet2 community is Global,” says Ana Hunsinger, vice president of community engagement at Internet2. “The new name – Internet2 Global Summit – more accurately reflects the growing international nature of our community, the work they do, and the challenges we are rising to meet in partnership with the community.” http://bit.ly/1lZMhps

UCLA, USC and Tehran University Of Medical Science Host Live Telesurgery

With special license from the US Treasury Department for the interactive telecast, UCLA Orthopedic Surgeon Dr. Arya Nick Shamie will be performing spinal surgery on Monday, March 17, to be broadcast from the UCLA Santa Monica Medical Center to Tehran University of Medical Science in Iran.

http://bit.ly/1kNuTl1

Merit Network Deploys ADVA 100G Metro for Advanced Research and Education Connectivity

ADVA Optical Networking announced today that Merit Network has deployed the ADVA 100G Metro solution to provide increased bandwidth capacity on a critical path of its core network that spans from Ann Arbor to Detroit and Lansing, Michigan to its optical fiber ring in Chicago. This connectivity provides Merit Network's community of research and education organizations with dramatically increased speeds to access the Internet2 national high-speed backbone, which is connected to Merit Network’s fiber ring in Chicago. http://bit.ly/1dh2wfq

  • [I2-NEWS] Internet2 Community News, Todd Sedmak, 03/20/2014