i2-news - [I2-NEWS] Higher Education Leaders Choose SeeVogh to Deliver Video Collaboration Service

Subject: News for and about the Internet2 community

[I2-NEWS] Higher Education Leaders Choose SeeVogh to Deliver Video Collaboration Service

  • From: Todd Sedmak <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [I2-NEWS] Higher Education Leaders Choose SeeVogh to Deliver Video Collaboration Service
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 13:25:45 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Higher Education Leaders Choose SeeVogh to Deliver Video Collaboration Service To All Faculty, Staff, and Students at Hundreds of Universities Nationwide

Internet2 member universities have access to affordable unlimited video services for interactive video conferences and webinars for large crowds

Pasadena, Calif.–-(March 12, 2014)--SeeVogh and Internet2 announced today that SeeVogh has completed the Internet2 NET+ service validation process, enabling unique service delivery benefits for higher education and unprecedented licensing terms to make its platform broadly available to universities for a low-fixed, annual fee.

SeeVogh technology empowers hundreds of people to communicate simultaneously via HD video and provides unlimited collaborative video services to all departments, faculty, and students as part of the Internet2 NET+ initiative.

SeeVogh brings together mass audiences for distance learning, campus events, large staff meetings, massive open online courses (MOOCs) or flipped classrooms. With its multiple, detachable and expandable video tiles, participants can share documents, web pages and applications during a video presentation which is required for real-time team collaboration.

This solution also enables institutions to deploy SeeVogh using either on premise virtualization or in the cloud, providing maximum flexibility for diverse architecture needs. Further, SeeVogh has integrated Internet2’s federated identity management solution, InCommon, which protects the identities of more than 7.5 million end users at higher education institutions, research organizations, and their sponsored corporate partners.

“Deploying video conferencing in higher education is a challenge with the diversity of endpoints. SeeVogh makes it simple for mass audiences to connect and participate by a mobile device, computer or a standards-based video room system,” said Jack Suess, vice president of IT and CIO at University of Maryland Baltimore County. “In addition, the Internet2 NET+ price point with InCommon and learning management system integration lets us ease into broad deployment of video collaboration without breaking the bank or the IT staff.”

"The global research community has used our solution since 2006. Incredible programs and experiments at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory, Brookhaven National Laboratory, and Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility (JLAB), to name a few, are using SeeVogh daily,” said Philippe Galvez, CEO, SeeVogh. “Based on our success we expect to see a similar high rates of adoption in the Internet2 research community through this new NET+ relationship."

The University of Louisville last year connected participants and institutions from the Canary Islands, the United States, and the Lowell Observatory's Discovery Channel Telescope for an astronomy symposium. Classroom usage is just starting to ramp-up at the University of Memphis, yet the student government body has already adopted it for remote meetings attendance. The University of Memphis police officers and their leadership are also using SeeVogh for staff and internal meetings to collaborate and coordinate more effectively between departments at five locations across all campuses.

“Videoconferencing by itself is helpful, but where it gets interesting is when you can bend it to fit your needs. That is why we used SeeVogh’s APIs to integrate it with the RIT Global Collaboration Grid project,” said Gurcharan S. Khanna, founding director of the interactive collaboration environments Lab at Rochester Institute of Technology.

SeeVogh has provided HD video collaboration services to the high-energy physics community since its inception in 2006 to tens of thousands of researchers and experiments worldwide. SeeVogh has the largest user-base for cloud-based video collaboration among universities and research institutions.

“High quality, video collaboration over the Internet2 Network showcases very visual showcases the value, benefit and reach of Internet2 connecting our community,” said Shel Waggener, senior vice president for Internet2. “SeeVogh’s NET+ offering makes video collaboration for MOOCs or other large meetings affordable easy to use, and readily accessible for subscribing Internet2 member universities. It will be interesting to see how our members advance the state of wide-scale, video collaboration with SeeVogh over the Internet2 Network.”

For more information about SeeVogh, visit www.seevogh.com. For universities interested in the Internet2 NET+ SeeVogh offering, email or visit Internet2 NET+ SeeVogh.

Also, Internet2 and SeeVogh present “The Tipping Point for Cost-Effective Video and Collaboration In Higher Education” videocast on Tuesday, April 29 at 1 PM EST. Attendees will learn how leading universities and research institutes are already benefiting from using SeeVogh. To register for this event, go to https://seevogh.com/webinar/.

About Evogh www.seevogh.com

Evogh, Inc. is the developer of SeeVogh, the first hybrid-cloud, HD, multi-point, video collaboration solution for PCs (Windows, Mac & Linux), mobile, and legacy telepresence equipment. SeeVogh provides a complete solution without the expense of client software, proprietary servers, or special network infrastructure. Evogh is a privately held company with headquarters in Pasadena, California and spawned from the great minds at the California Institute of Technology.

About Internet2® www.internet2.edu

Internet2® is a member-owned advanced technology community founded by the nation's leading higher education institutions in 1996. Internet2 provides a collaborative environment for U.S. research and education organizations to solve common technology challenges, and to develop innovative solutions in support of their educational, research, and community service missions.

Internet2® also operates the nation’s largest and fastest, coast-to-coast research and education network, and serves more than 90,000 community anchor institutions, including more than 250 U.S. universities, 70 government agencies, 38 regional and state education networks, 80 leading corporations working with our community and more than 100 national research and education networking partners representing more than 50 countries. Internet2 offices are located in Ann Arbor, Mich.; Denver, Colo.; Emeryville, Calif.; Washington, D.C; and West Hartford, Conn. For more information, visit www.internet2.edu or follow @Internet2 on Twitter.

Media contacts:

SeeVogh: Steve Farnsworth, 650-331-0594 or

Internet2: Todd Sedmak, 202-803-8978 or

 ###

  • [I2-NEWS] Higher Education Leaders Choose SeeVogh to Deliver Video Collaboration Service, Todd Sedmak, 03/14/2014