i2-news - [I2-NEWS] Internet2 News: NIH, GWU, Rose Award, TERENA

Subject: News for and about the Internet2 community

[I2-NEWS] Internet2 News: NIH, GWU, Rose Award, TERENA

  • From: Todd Sedmak <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [I2-NEWS] Internet2 News: NIH, GWU, Rose Award, TERENA
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 16:58:38 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Internet2 Community: Thought these stories would interest you. For other news and social media, visit us at NewsFacebookTwitter. Todd Sedmak, Internet2

NIH and George Washington University Researchers Partner to Accelerate Genomics Research Using Internet2’s 100G Network

Institutions Connect to the Nation’s Fastest Research & Education Network to Benefit Health Researchers Nationwide

Researchers announced today that scientists running genomic analyses at George Washington University’s Colonial One High Performance Computing Center will pilot ultra high-speed 40 Gigabit per second data transfers from the National Institutes of Health’s National Library of Medicine (NLM) using both organizations' new 100 Gigabit per second links to the Internet2 Network. Visit http://bit.ly/NIH_GWU_at_100G and http://bit.ly/1c81EZT for more info.

Internet2 Issues Call for 2014 Richard Rose Award Nominees

Award recognizes individual efforts to extend advanced networking benefits to K-20 education community

Internet2 today announced its call for nominations for the 2014 Richard Rose Award. The annual award, established in 2009, recognizes outstanding individual efforts aimed at extending the benefits of advanced networking to the education community. The award will be presented at the 2014 Internet2 Global Summit in Denver, Colorado to be held April 6-10, 2014. Nominations are due on March 25, 2014. For details, visit http://bit.ly/1luKsAJ

Michigan's Laura McCain Patterson -- 2014 GT Top 25 Winner
Government Technology magazine named Laura Patterson a a 2014 GT Top 25 Winner for helping the University of Michigan rein in runaway IT costs so it can invest in learning technology. For the full story, go to http://bit.ly/1fIKp0h

Internet2 Mourns The Loss of TERENA’s Secretary General Karel Vietsch

Internet2 and the research and education global community joins our colleagues at TERENA in mourning the loss of Karel Vietsch, TERENA’s Secretary General from March 1996 to March 2012, who passed away Sunday after battling a long illness. Go to http://bit.ly/KarelVietsch for more info.

Don’t forget to register for the Internet2 2014 Global Summit  April 6-10 in Denver Colorado:

  • [I2-NEWS] Internet2 News: NIH, GWU, Rose Award, TERENA, Todd Sedmak, 03/03/2014