grouper-users - [grouper-users] git commands for building docker image

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] git commands for building docker image

  • From: Michael Porter <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [grouper-users] git commands for building docker image
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 21:59:22 -0400

Hi,

Anyone know how the series of git commands to pull grouper and docker/grouper together such  that I can run maven to build the application and then docker build to make the image?  I am having trouble getting the two repositories to work together.

Probably something simple.  New to docker, new to git.  However, I am uncomfortable running an image I do not know how to build.  I'm a little surprised there is not an easily accessible document explaining this.

Right now I have:

git clone https://github.com/Internet2/grouper.git/
cd grouper
git remote add -f docker/grouper https://github.internet2.edu/docker/grouper.git
git merge docker/grouper/master --allow-unrelated-histories

There were some unmerged changes, so I did:
git add README.md
git add .gitignore
git commit

However, I now want to check out 2.5.33.  Just checking out 2.5.33 pulls the files for docker/grouper and removes the application directores.  Checking out GROUPER_2_5_BRANCH leaves me something kinda 2.5ish I guess.  But the Dockerfile has a 2.4.0 version in it, so clearly I have not created something that makes grouper and docker/grouper work correctly.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike Porter

(302) 831-3747