grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] containerized grouper noob questions

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] containerized grouper noob questions

  • From: Olivier Salaün <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] containerized grouper noob questions
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2020 09:02:28 +0200

Le 03/07/2020 à 08:25, Hyzer, Chris a écrit :
[...]
Is there a difference between the TIER/ITAP(?) containers and those available
via the
Grouper site? My cursory Googling seems to turn up Grouper 2.4 associated
with TIER,
but the Grouper site features 2.5? I'm a little unclear on the relationship.
Theres one container for Grouper. Anything else is for training or
integration POCs and is a subimage of the Grouper container...

It was also unclear to me which docker images I should use: https://hub.docker.com/r/i2incommon/grouper or https://hub.docker.com/r/tier/grouper

I was tempted to base my work on https://hub.docker.com/r/tier/grouper because the provide a complete example to install Grouper (and the wider ecosystem) using Docker Compose. I'm new to Docker (and my University too) and if I understand how Compose work, it looks promising as a docker deployment tool when you neither have Swarm, nor Kubernetes in place.

--
Olivier Salaün
DSI / pôle SI / équipe SNUM