grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Doc update request: AWS SQS/SNS (How to and current state questions)

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Doc update request: AWS SQS/SNS (How to and current state questions)

  • From: "Black, Carey M." <>
  • To: "Hyzer, Chris" <>, " Mailing List" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Doc update request: AWS SQS/SNS (How to and current state questions)
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2019 14:44:47 +0000

Chris,

Thanks for the offer.

The initial ask was "SQS" but then they sent me SNS info. ( They verbally
asked for the wrong thing and got me good and confused at the beginning. :( )

I ask for SQS info and then they set up an SQS for me and sent me those
details too.
So I think I can go either way ( SQS or SNS ) and I think there is a slight
preference for SNS.

Which lead to "what is supported and how do I get those things to
work?".
The installer only appears to install the SQS stuff. However
the "filter logic" appears to be non-existent in the supplied code. (If I am
reading it properly.)
And the SNS code that I can find, seems to only be "get it
some other way".

So that also got me good and confused about the Grouper side of this
too. :(

Overall, the CLC --> SNS ( direct link without a need for other
queue's/messaging systems) seems like the most direct path.
So if that is supportable, I think that is the ideal path.

"https://github.com/Internet2/grouper/tree/master/grouper-misc/grouper-aws-changelog";
looks like it has all the features that I think I need and want. It just
looks like a "one off" at this point. Which gave me pause about "just making
that work".

My application community is "grouper folder centric". So if I could limit the
CLC events from a stem (and maybe event types) then I think that is what I am
after for the "filter functions".

Guidance/examples most welcome.

--
Carey Matthew