grouper-users - [grouper-users] CHANGE_LOG_changeLogTempToChangeLog jobs stop running

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] CHANGE_LOG_changeLogTempToChangeLog jobs stop running

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: grouper-users <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] CHANGE_LOG_changeLogTempToChangeLog jobs stop running
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 17:58:17 -0500

Hi,

I am running the TIER Grouper image

tier/grouper:2.3.0-a109-u47-w13-p24-20190208

About two hours ago the CHANGE_LOG_changeLogTempToChangeLog jobs stopped
running. They are configured to run once a minute at 45 seconds after
the top of the minute. Evidence that the jobs are not running includes
entries in the grouper_change_log_entry_temp table and no new entries in
the grouper_loader_log table with the
CHANGE_LOG_changeLogTempToChangeLog job_name.

There are no ERRORs reported in the logs.

More surprising, a restart of the container does not cause the jobs to
start running again.

I am able to break into the container and connect to the database using
the mysql client. The UI and WS containers continue to function
normally. I am also able to start gsh and then manually run the job with

grouperSession = GrouperSession.startRootSession();
loaderRunOneJob("CHANGE_LOG_changeLogTempToChangeLog");

The job completes successfully.

But the job that should run every minute does not run.

I have created a jstack trace. I will send that as a separate email to
the developers. I would appreciate it if somebody could take a look to
help me understand why CHANGE_LOG_changeLogTempToChangeLog jobs stopped
running and will not start.

Thanks,

Scott K