grouper-users - [grouper-users] Doc update request: AWS SQS/SNS (How to and current state questions)

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Doc update request: AWS SQS/SNS (How to and current state questions)

  • From: "Black, Carey M." <>
  • To: " Mailing List" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Doc update request: AWS SQS/SNS (How to and current state questions)
  • Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2019 14:22:01 +0000

All,

I was asked to send some grouper events to an AWS SNS. ( For now, just
publish from grouper to AWS. )

I reviewed:
https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+Messaging+System
It has "Future implementations will include" "AWS SNS/SQS", but are
we in the future yet? ( I suspect the wiki/docs may be out of date, but I
could be overly optimistic about that too. 😊 )

After installing the "AWS SQS messaging" component it looks like that
delivered integration only supports AWS SQS. ( based on:
https://github.com/Internet2/grouper/tree/master/grouper-misc/grouper-messaging-aws
? based on the jar that showed up as:
..../grouper.aws-2.3.0/lib/grouperSQSMessaging.jar )

However, I also found
"https://github.com/Internet2/grouper/tree/master/grouper-misc/grouper-aws-changelog";
which appears to be old (5'ish years) but might support AWS SNS.

Is the "grouper-aws-changelog" a standard/supported integration?
Is it know to work?
Are there docs on how to install/patch it onto an existing install?
Did I miss an installer option? Or is it just a "manual build/install
the jar" process?
Is there another way to send SNS messages that I have not found?

Thanks in advance.

--
Carey Matthew