grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Hopefully quick question regarding rabbitmq and grouper

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Hopefully quick question regarding rabbitmq and grouper

  • From: "Gettes, Michael" <>
  • To: "Crawford, Jeffrey" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Hopefully quick question regarding rabbitmq and grouper
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 20:22:27 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

Yes, it is the same - but, as an example, i have had messaging running about every 5 seconds.  So it can be rather quick response.  The whole loader process is actually quite elegant.  The quartz mechanism scales to many hosts - all those running the loader.  TIER packaging has moved to calling it the daemon - better terminology (I personally don’t like the word but loader isn’t good either).  Don’t get hung up on the loader and changeelog - just use it.  It’s cool stuff.

Now all that said, the only item in all this that worries me is the tempchangelog to changelog processing.  It’s a necessary evil cuz this is where changes are labelled/categorized.  It’s also the single threading aspect of processing changes that worries me the most.  Make sure these tables are on fast storage, properly indexed and so on - usual stuff.  Beyond that - like I said - good stuff.

I hope this helps.

/mrg