grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Hopefully quick question regarding rabbitmq and grouper

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Hopefully quick question regarding rabbitmq and grouper

  • From: Shilen Patel <>
  • To: "Hyzer, Chris" <>, "Gettes, Michael" <>, "Crawford, Jeffrey" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Hopefully quick question regarding rabbitmq and grouper
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 22:55:57 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

The temp change log to change log is also where membership changes are flattened.  Only immediate membership changes are written to the temp change log.  But this process will write the effective changes into the actual change log. In addition to duplicates, this also makes it so that consumers don’t have to worry about checking if a user is a member of a group in multiple ways when there’s a membership delete.  From what I’ve seen in the past, this calculation is often the most expensive part about it.  But perhaps improvements can be made there.  You can also disable the flatten calculations if they aren’t desired.

- Shilen