grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] changelogTemp to changelog main processing

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] changelogTemp to changelog main processing

  • From: Michael R Gettes <>
  • To: Shilen Patel <>
  • Cc: grouper-users <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] changelogTemp to changelog main processing
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 11:30:05 -0500
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

right now, my concern is performance. We have an issue in production we are
trying
to work through (seeing 7.4 changes per second) but our acceptance environment
is getting 25.4 per second. I have been calculating the change rates based
on total_count
and number of seconds to run the changelog temp job. We get backed up 1 or 2
million
changes and it can take some time to burn down the changes to get them in the
main
change log. i just want to make sure Grouper is not the bottleneck in the
future.

Thanks for explaining things - much appreciated.

/mrg