grouper-users - [grouper-users] loading nested groups from an LDAP source

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] loading nested groups from an LDAP source

  • From: Rob Gorrell <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] loading nested groups from an LDAP source
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 09:45:49 -0400

I currently have an LDAP_GROUP_LIST loader job pulling groups from an Active Directory source. In AD, we use a lot of group nesting (group of groups). When the loader job executes, it only loads those *user* objects with direct memberships to each group skipping over any *group* objects that are also direct members. What I would like it to do is resolve each group member in Grouper's internal source so that the group nesting copies over to grouper. Grouper has all these groups, but apparently the memberships aren't being resolved as it would seem the only subject source being used is my one that contains people (uncg-person).

-Rob

--
Robert W. Gorrell
Systems Architect, Identity and Access Management