grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] RE: Grouper GroupUpdateHook Old Group Data

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] RE: Grouper GroupUpdateHook Old Group Data

  • From: John Gasper <>
  • To: "Hyzer, Chris" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] RE: Grouper GroupUpdateHook Old Group Data
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2016 21:26:40 -0700

We’ve got membership attributes that reference a group (as an attribute value). If that group name changes, then the attribute values referencing that group need to be updated as well. (Using the Group DB ID is a possible solution, but it isn’t a very friendly value. Using a preCommit value theoretically works unless a (future) subsequent hook vetos this action then the attribute value has been changed but the group did not. If the API provided before and after for post events that would be great.

We can look into a Thread local option. (I’ll chat with the client.) I guess we just need to make sure we clear it out if a subsequent veto is invoked.

--

John Gasper
IAM Consultant