Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List
- From: Christopher Holmes <>
- Subject: [grouper-users] Group ID's via grouper loader
- Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 14:26:46 -0400
We're currently working on setting up groups of all of our classes populated via the Grouper Loader.All of our courses in other systems make use of a unique ID number we call CRN, but that's ugly and not really human readable. We'd like to have the group names in grouper be... pretty. BIO-111 for example, vs. 122356.
Another concern is that, while our CRNs don't change, it's hypothetically possible that the pretty names could change over time, as departments change names and number schemes get reworked. Which could wreck havoc downstream if the content is linked to the (changing) name.
Making the groups manually this seems to be possible, by setting the group ID to be the CRN while the group name retains it's user friendlyness. However, I've been unable to figure out how to do this inside the loader. Just providing grouper with a group_id column doesn't seem to do the trick.
Is there a way to do this? Or is my methodology flawed and I should be accomplishing this goal in some other way?
B&T Application Analyst
- [grouper-users] Group ID's via grouper loader, Christopher Holmes, 07/18/2016
- Re: [grouper-users] Group ID's via grouper loader, Andrew Morgan, 07/18/2016
- RE: [grouper-users] Group ID's via grouper loader, Hyzer, Chris, 07/18/2016
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.